Sign in to follow this  
tcastudios

Mother F**k. CC is no longer an option.

All my CS6 App are in demo mode and no Cloud connection…..

Technical support, no answer in over 20 minutes, distant call

waiting as THERE IS NO SUPPORT OVER PHONE IN SWEDEN

WHERE I FRIGGING BOUGHT THE CRAP!

I'll request physical discs and will cut the service asap……

You've had it with the physical discs, as I've tried to do the same and sit out a year of monthly payments (many of my clients are doing this). However, like a total tit I payed for Creative Cloud CS6 instead of buying the disc so if I stop paying I get punted back to AE5.5, which is no good. If I want CS6, I have to pay for a brand new copy, as I have only 'hired' the version I am now using i.e. I've lost money, so poor business decision on my part.

If you get any joy, post here!

CC got hacked, might've been the cause of it.

Yes but that's not it here. I got back to my studio where my Workstation happily

connects to the Cloud for updates, verification and such. The laptop that I was working

with (running the same CC id) refuses to connect to the cloud.

Now connected to the same router as the workstation with ethernet cable, still

refuses to connect. This just started out of the blue.

To solve this I tried support ,a non answered long-distance call, waiting for 20+ minutes,

then calling the swedish office demanding help over an hour ago where they should come

back to me asap. Still no return call.

In short, they very idea to lock your payed apps, DOES NOT WORK.

I've had hickups before, especially last spring, but this is over the top.

It shouldn't be that starting your workday means your happy that the apps

actually starts so you don't have to waist hours upon hours -managing- the apps

instead of using them.

Sign out of CCApp/ application manager, sign back in. If that doesn't help, you may need to delete the PCD and SLStore folders to enforce a fresh activation check.

WTF? Where are these? What do they do? For the price just make the effing thing work. 25 years a graphic designer and Adobe user and I'm expected to fuck around with crappy folders. Jaysus.

... well, that's what you get when you need to rely on the control freaks from Adobe... Makes you appreciate the good old times when everything just required a serial number, doesn't it?

Mylenium

Have you tried Help --> Deactivate and then to reactivate? Even if it doesn't reactivate, you would at least get the 30 day trial to continue working...

Mylenium

So the workday is over with no work done,

so giving adobe about five hours with no respons

I officially declare that when the shit hits the fan,

Adobe does not offer any support.

I invite anyone at Adobe that can handle this to

phone me at: +46 708 76 55 76.

Next step is monday to take a trip to Stockholm Adobe office

and make them handle over DVDs.

... well, that's what you get when you need to rely on the control freaks from Adobe... Makes you appreciate the good old times when everything just required a serial number, doesn't it?

Mylenium

You're not wrong there. Now some greasy douchebag criminal might have my credit card number, expiry date who knows what else (along with the other 2,999,999 users). Call me old-school, but that's one whole pile of shite, right there before you have to fiddle about with folders, files, firewalls and all that crap.

Updating today I've had messages about closing CAEDaemon or something plus a couple names I didn't take in, and whenever I open (via double-click) an mp4 now instead of QT opening AdobeMediaEncoder opens, adds the movie to a list. This happens on both my machines.

Cack.

I'm thinking of billing back Adobe for all the wasted time spent dealing with all this CC BS.

I'd bill them the "preferred client" rate of course - which just happens to be double time and a half.

I officially declare that when the shit hits the fan,

Adobe does not offer any support.

I wish I could disagree, but unfortunately it's all too true...

Mylenium

I'll try to keep this civilised even if I'm about to burst.

At the moment I've been asked (by a very friendly person thou)

to send three log files, of which 2 doesn't exist.

Atm, am at about USD600 loss.

Coming Monday, we'll see.

Cheers

Lennart

It seems as though if Adobe took an approach like Maxon's License Server, these things wouldn't arise. Whenever we are working on-location, I 'check out' licenses for a specified amount of time, even though our network is configured to let us ping the license server at the office over the internet. Its just a safety measure.

It seems as though if Adobe took an approach like Maxon's License Server, these things wouldn't arise. Whenever we are working on-location, I 'check out' licenses for a specified amount of time, even though our network is configured to let us ping the license server at the office over the internet. Its just a safety measure.

License servers suck as much as activation. Companies simply need to learn to trust their paying customers again, which obviously they don't, given how they put a chain on your balls with all that technical stuff and license agreements that make you feel like a criminal....

Mylenium

Sometimes I really have a hard time understanding these companies and their stance on anti-piracy.

Almost all the big software companies try the same half baked techniques over and over. They're making their products more and more cumbersome on the actual consumers, yet torrent sites have cracks to bypass it all within a week of release.

It's pretty insane that we've reached a point where it's not uncommon to have to resort to pirating a product you own because it's more secure and reliable than the official version.