Sign in to follow this  
Shin-Kaiser

The next 15 seconds could (probably) change your....

nup, my life is still the same =)

first camera move. remove the flat curve at the bottom. so teh camera is already at full speed when it starts moving.

offset some of the flowers opening so they dont all move at exactly the same speed.

also the flowers copared to the grass are waaay overexposed ( too white)

the pulsating movement needs to be smoothed out.

also your scene doesn't seem to have any shadows in it..

I agree with Vozz on all those points. Also take a look at the way that the golden ratio appears in nature. It has a lot to do with the way pedals grow on flowers, how leaves grow on plants, trees and vines and how the middle of a flower looks. It can go a long way to making things look more real. Right now you clearly cloned objects onto a sphere to form the middle of your flower and it's fine, but it doesn't look quite natural ya know? Look at an image of the middle of a sunflower and you can see that kind of crazy spiraling spiral pattern. You can generate that exact same thing in C4D using the golden ratio. I challenge you to figure out how. :)

Ultimately the point of these comments is to get you to pay attention to all the details because they will make your work better. On a different note, I'm actually glad to see that you are learning by making your own work and being brave enough to put it out there for others to see. Good on you.

R

Thanks guys, I do a

nup, my life is still the same =)

first camera move. remove the flat curve at the bottom. so teh camera is already at full speed when it starts moving.

offset some of the flowers opening so they dont all move at exactly the same speed.

also the flowers copared to the grass are waaay overexposed ( too white)

the pulsating movement needs to be smoothed out.

also your scene doesn't seem to have any shadows in it..

I agree with Vozz on all those points. Also take a look at the way that the golden ratio appears in nature. It has a lot to do with the way pedals grow on flowers, how leaves grow on plants, trees and vines and how the middle of a flower looks. It can go a long way to making things look more real. Right now you clearly cloned objects onto a sphere to form the middle of your flower and it's fine, but it doesn't look quite natural ya know? Look at an image of the middle of a sunflower and you can see that kind of crazy spiraling spiral pattern. You can generate that exact same thing in C4D using the golden ratio. I challenge you to figure out how. :)

Ultimately the point of these comments is to get you to pay attention to all the details because they will make your work better. On a different note, I'm actually glad to see that you are learning by making your own work and being brave enough to put it out there for others to see. Good on you.

R

Thanks guys, I do appreciate your advice.

I was actually going for a simple "cartoon like" style, rather than ultra realistic (hence the no shadows) but I'll bear that in mind for future projects.

and to RVA8, cheers dude! You've just brightened up my day :)