Sign in to follow this  
TommyTronic

Baking motion camera tag C4D R14 help

So, I'm beginning a scene here in C4D R14 for the wonderful new addition to this release - the "motion camera tag". Such a great tool. Super realistic handheld feel that I have been unable to perfect in earlier releases. My dilemma is that I want to use vray for texturing and rendering but I do not have vray for R14, I do have it for R13 though... So, I'm wondering, is there a way to bake the motion that the motion tag is creating on the camera into keyframes? Or is there some kind of way that I can get that camera motion back into R13?... If anyone has any experience with this please help!

Tommy

I have not tried NitroBake, but @Grundly I did got to timeline>Functions>bake objects and it made a copy of the motion camera tag and made a keyframe on every frame of the camera's timeline, but when opening the project in R13 there was no camera animation and of course both motion camera tags were missing with question marks in their place.

@thekinginyellow: What's up with NitroBake?

Hmm, works for me. Another option is you can duplicate the camera, remove the motion tag, and link the Global position and rotation of the two cams using xpresso. Then bake the duplicate camera using the same method.

Edited by Grundly

It's easier than that, you just have to make sure you set a keyframe on your camera before dragging to the timeline and baking. It doesn't matter where as it will be overwritten. Only worked it out a couple of weeks ago myself.