Sign in to follow this  
sbmotiondesign

C4D AEC export bug workaround / Physical Renderer

Had some problems trying to export an AEC file from C4D R15 this morning and wanted to share a workaround a coworker let me know about. When using the physical renderer I was unable to export an AEC file. My computer, a windows PC, would hang up and require a force quit.

By changing the renderer back to standard, I was able to export the AEC file as usual. I still rendered my scene with the physical renderer, but then switched back to the standard renderer just to export my AEC.

Pretty silly.

Pretty silly.

Wanna hear something sillier? I reported this a month or so ago to Maxon. Initially the said they couldn't reproduce this, could I supply a file? So I made a couple of cubes and sent the file off, then they said they could reproduce this. Then, just the other day, I got another message saying actually it's not a bug, it's a 'limitation' - internally, it has to start the render process to calculate the file so in this case with the Physical render settings, it needs more time.

So there you go - you either wait the 30 minutes or so it takes to churn out the .aec, or - as you suggest - fire up the good old standard renderer. But at least now it's official, right?