Sign in to follow this  
rjb

Adobe license/customer support help

Before I begin, I'd like to add a disclamer- I've used Adobe products at companies for years with few licensing problems that I can remember.

I work at a university, teaching design. A student purchased a CC license for home use but has had major issues getting the license to work.
She's contacted Adobe a few times-one of which times was at uni while I watched her speak to online support. They said it would be resolved in 3 days.

We're up to 3-4 weeks. I've personally written and tweeted to various Adobe accounts/addresses myself, including Todd K that posts on this very board. I have a lot of respect for Todd, because his posts all over the web (not just here) are very informative. That said, this is too long and we're trying to get Adobe to respond, with no solution in sight. Other students have purchased licenses and had it up and running in minutes. It seems sad to me that this person is getting punished for attempting to buy software legit.

So, if you've had similar experiences how do you get them resolved?

Edited by rjb

Adobe Support simply does not work (even as they charge extra outside USA

for their apps claiming local support).

Most of my issues have not been resolved via Adobe Support

not until Todd, here on a private board, made some action.

For the future I will record my conversations with Adobe

for evidence and press charges here in Sweden.

That's how bad it is……

Cheers

Lennart

That's somewhat sad, Lennart. I thought it was just a one off. :(

I wrote to Adobe another two times (once here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5884767#5884767 which was ignored and the other on twitter to the @AdobeCare account). They responded on Twitter, if it's not resolved in the next few days i'll be asking the student to consider contacting the Department of Fair Trading.

Fair Trading in this country sorts out things like this usually, quite quickly too.

Edited by rjb

Adobe support is the WORST ever... it seems they have scripted conversations rather than actual knowledge of how to support their applications. I am in the same boat as I have never really had a problem prior to CC but now I am looking at a MONTH long unresolved issue and inconvenience. Please see other threads on here for my rants on adobe.

In contrast 30 seconds on the phone with Maxon got me the most informed tech support person from any company I have ever talked to.

My only hope at this point is that the "tech support" continues to suck so back an ignore their customers long enough that Adobe loses enough customers to cause the downfall of CC and it's poorly performing licensing service.

I know a few schools that are deciding not to upgrade due to crappy support

Man, I just read that thread and it broke my heart... :(

They did to be fair they did DM me on twitter, a few times. None of those DMs were helpful though.. They want me to be the middle man in this, seemingly to avoid 2 minutes of work looking up her details. I keep telling them they need to contact her since I gave them enough details, not me.

I'm just not understanding the problem.

5th week of it not being sorted. It's somewhat embarrassing and shameful.

Yeah... Adobe Support is pretty bad. I was on the beta subscription model back in the pre-CC days and was getting getting double billed when things migrated over to CC. Many, many calls, emails, talks with Todd through the board here, etc with no luck. It seemed the overseas support staff would just hang up on me once they realized the issue wasn't in their script book.

The only way it was resolved for me was by calling to upgrade to a CC for teams account and said the only way I'd do it was to completely close out the old account (which had year long commitments) and start fresh. I guess getting a 3 year contract on multiple seats in a teams account was enough incentive for them to actually... er... support.

These stories scare the bajeezies out of me. I haven't had activation etc issues *knock on wood, so I don't have any complaints outside of the double billing fiasco but if I ever do have a software issue I'm fairly certain it will be disasterous with little hope of resolution.

They sent out a survey about these things a couple of weeks ago, and I hope everyone spent the time to voice their concerns through it. I personally like the CC approach for many reasons, but the quality of support makes me feel like its risky.

Perhaps she just signs up again under a different email? Seems like the fastest way to go about it. Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by AromaKat

Yeah a different email would most likely help out in this situation for you.

On a side not I am seriously considering sending a certified invoice at my hourly rate for all this wasted support time and then at half my rate for every billable hour my software does not work. I know it will never be processed but if everyone with problems did this we might get somewhere.