Sign in to follow this  
kitkats

Design / Industry related podcasts

Anyone got any recommendations? Anything from graphic design, VFX, (relative) tech, TV, Advertising etc etc. But I do mean actual iTunes podcasts, ideally - I want some stuff auto-downloaded so when I hop in the car it's ready to play.

I've looked several times for mograph-specific podcasts and, aside from Nick Cambells sporadic-but-occasionally-thoughtful GSG Live ustream outings, I've returned disappointed and empty-handed.

It's kind of an affliction of this industry (due in no small part, I'm sure, to a competitive freelance scene) to be so obsessed with the minutiae of how to do that one cool thing that there's not a lot of wide-lens industry-talk media out there. As far as I can find we're great at tutorials, but pretty lacking when it comes to offering real insight into the broader aspects of working in mograph.

Joe Rogan is pretty funny and somewhat insightful if you are in the mood for it. NPR: All songs considered is good for a mix of new music. I've heard the Marc Maron podcast is pretty funny, gonna check it.

Maron is great. He's got a lot of guests from all sorts of fields, and he's a great interviewer. Though I think I could do without his rant at the start of every episode.

Back 2 Work from 5 by 5 is alright. Its 2 buddies having a chat under the guise of a productivity podcast. I tune in for Merlin Mann. He's quick witted and funny in a very interesting sort of way.