Sign in to follow this  
Junior Taxi

Eps / Obj From Uv Map

Hi All,

Once again I find myself wrestling with another UV/Bodypaint question.

Is it possible to export a UVW map as either a vector file such as an EPS or as a flat 3d mesh such as an OBJ?

On another note, can anyone recommend any top notch tutorials on UV's/Bodypaint as they seem to be pretty thin on the ground.

Big thanks,

Chris

AFAIK the only kind of built-in vector export would be via Sketch & Toon as legacy AI file. You will still need to unwrap it manually, though, since the export operates in screen/ camera space and exports the projected result of an S&T stroke operation. There may be some plug-in or script out there that can export a UV set as a vector line drawing, but I have no idea. Bodypaint is pretty much dead since Maxon let it rot for too long, so I doubt you will find any decent contemporary tutorials for it. Most artists I know use other tools like 3DCoat or ZBrush just for that. On the rare occasion when I need explicit UVs I do all my UV stuff in modo...

Mylenium

Thanks to the both of you for the great input.

Although it pains me slightly to have to wrap my head around yet another 3D program I've decided to give Modo a go. Currently downloading the trial, fingers crossed!

Chris