Sign in to follow this  
Zmotive

AE Plugin Newton 2 -- Anyone Using It?

From what I can tell Newton 2 is sort of like having the dynamics from Mograph inside After Effects. Still seems like a pretty young product and other than a review by 3D World (which doesn't load for non-subscribers AFAICT) it's hard to find any user reviews out there.

http://motionboutique.com

Anyone here have experience with this plugin and/or know someone in your studio who uses it? Definitely has potential but holding off until I hear some first-hand experiences. Also guessing version 3 probably isn't too far away, but hard to tell as plugins can go a long time before updates show up, once they reach a certain level of evolution.

Any tips appreciated.

[Edit - fixed the name]

Edited by Zmotive

Yes, people are using it. Like here:

http://www.apple.com/designed-by-apple/

Thanks Todd. I have seen that and it's encouraging. Thought I read somewhere that only a small portion of it was done with that plugin, although either way it seems pretty cool.

However I wasn't asking if Apple uses it but whether anyone here does and hopefully to get their experiences in terms of stability, etc. ;)

Edited by Zmotive

Thanks Todd. I have seen that and it's encouraging. Thought I read somewhere that only a small portion of it was done with that plugin, although either way it seems pretty cool.

However I wasn't asking if Apple uses it but whether anyone here does and hopefully to get their experiences in terms of stability, etc. ;)

I've used it on a few projects and have had to issues at all in terms of stability. I use it with AE CC but I don't think I have used it since the last couple of CC updates.

It's a super fun plugin to use once you get the hang of it. It is fantastic for doing 2D fluid simulations as well.

-Spunj

I've used it on a few projects and have had to issues at all in terms of stability. I use it with AE CC but I don't think I have used it since the last couple of CC updates.

It's a super fun plugin to use once you get the hang of it. It is fantastic for doing 2D fluid simulations as well.

-Spunj

Thanks for the info Spunj. One of the things I've been trying to get a sense for is, is there anything this plugin can do that you can't do in C4D using a flat perspective and Mograph + Sketch and Toon materials? I was experimenting a bit yesterday and don't use S&T that often, but it seemed like it was possible.

Edited by Zmotive