Sign in to follow this  
xtagorix

Reel 2014, some feedback please?

The edit needs a lot of work. Right now, every clip has roughly the same flow: you cut to something static, something interesting happens, it resolves, and then you cut to another static shot. This is exactly the opposite of how you should edit. Always cut on action. Get rid of the second of dead air at the start of every shot and have the most exciting part of the animation happen on frame one. Your reel will probably end up being half as long as a result, but a tight and fun :40 reel is way, way better than a slow 1:15 one.

Great advice, thank you Aaron, i really don't care if it get :20 shorter.

The edit needs a lot of work. Right now, every clip has roughly the same flow: you cut to something static, something interesting happens, it resolves, and then you cut to another static shot. This is exactly the opposite of how you should edit. Always cut on action. Get rid of the second of dead air at the start of every shot and have the most exciting part of the animation happen on frame one. Your reel will probably end up being half as long as a result, but a tight and fun :40 reel is way, way better than a slow 1:15 one.

Yeah, there's some nice work in there, but the reel isn't presenting it very well.

I made some videos a few months ago about making a reel that might serve as an example of some strategies you could think about in refining yours. It's a little rambling, but there are probably some take-aways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSLGoisg54&hd=1

(it's in parts)

Edited by Binky

Awesome. Thank you Binky, i liked on Youtube and recommended for some friends already. I switched some pieces, cut some and just replaced some others, take a look now. For now im gonna leave like it is but on the next months probably gonna replace some more.

Yeah, there's some nice work in there, but the reel isn't presenting it very well.

I made some videos a few months ago about making a reel that might serve as an example of some strategies you could think about in refining yours. It's a little rambling, but there are probably some take-aways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLSLGoisg54&hd=1

(it's in parts)