Sign in to follow this  
Rutherfjord

Importing an Illustrator file into C4D while retaining layer names (Is it possible?)

Not too great with Cinema, trying to create an animation by extruding 90 paths on 90 layers from an AI file. I saved it as a v8, checked "group paths" and opened it from within C4D. All the different path outlines are nested in a null object but are referred to as paths 1-90.

Is there any way to fix this? Each path corresponds with specific data sets that I had to collect and it could prove difficult to find and rename them all.

Edit: As far as I can tell I posted this where I was supposed to. Apologies otherwise.

Edited by Rutherfjord

ArtSmart, a plugin you can get with Cineversity does this I think. Certainly does with the Copy Paste function. http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-artsmart

It's one of those things that you really wonder why it's not built into Cinema in the first place, stuff like import the current version of Illustrator files with colours etc.