Sign in to follow this  
yanomano

Yanobox Nodes 2 Plugin for After Effect

Nodes 2 is the result of a complete rewrite of the original plugin from the ground up.

Low-level coding has been used in order to provide a rendering engine that can support 50,000 particles and unique font acceleration. The plugin runs in Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro, alongside Motion and After Effects.

Point clouds are now created from primitives, footage, and 3D models, allowing for infinite possibilities. After Effects Camera is now supported.

Yup. Not being cross-platform kills it for us too, even if we did happen to be mac based.

spock-illogical.jpg

Once available for both PC and Mac, assuming no cross-platform compatibility issues, I'd pick up a few licenses real fast. Looks great.

Edited by AromaKat

Single platform is a bit odd -- but that aside, this is a great, deep & versatile plugin. Gives quite a different effect to the obvious comparison - Plexus. Not just the bendy lines which are nice of course, but it's a bit softer all round, the output is a bit more 'plastic' than plexus, which is hard to explain. And the extra primitives and coord transforms make it pretty easy to get to some interesting forms and movement. I can see me using this a lot.

Here's a pic after 20mins of noodling around. Lots of options here!

Wish it had depth of field though.

nodesnoodling.jpg