Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Cat

Camera and scale question

Hello all

I have a question which coming from a n00b, may sound stupid ;-)

in animations such as this

http://www.behance.net/gallery/B1-Channel-Idents/6735287

is the logo made particularly larger than normal so that a camera can pass through it creating the effect that it is really big or is it just using a scaled down camera...

Thank you ! ∑:-3

It sounds like to me you're thinking of this as the objects and camera as real physical objects.

Looks like in those animations they just put a camera with a somewhat wide lens into the logo. They threw in a bunch of little bits inside/creating the logo and then pulled the camera out of it. The combination of the little bits, the wide camera lens, and the camera pull out is what gives it that sense of scale.

Hope that makes sense. You should give it a try, i'm sure you'll instantly see whats going on.

Thanks for both responses.

My thoughts were that it was a really large logo which was built so its pieces could come apart and combine while a regular size camera would be tracking back through it while it was coming together.

I'll definitely give your suggestion a try Oeuf, thank you. i think i know what you mean, when you say somewhat wide lens do you mean like for an example a camera which is 1920 x 920 ?

Cheers

when you say somewhat wide lens do you mean like for an example a camera which is 1920 x 920 ?

Wide lens means how many millimetres lens is. Wide angel usually translates to 24mm or below. This is something you would set in the camera settings. Has nothing to do with the pixel width of your actual render.