Sign in to follow this  
dotcommer

[C4D] Render ANIMATED 360˚ Panorama

Cineversity updated the plugin to 1.1 which adds support to R15 and R16. (and fixes a few other little things)

I played around with it this weekend. It is super straight-forward and easy to use. I'm currently rendering out a 4K VR animation....been 12+ hours and still chugging along.

I plan on uploading it to YouTube, but unfortunately as an iPhone user, the YouTube iOS app still does not have the VR video update. (nor can it play mono or stereo 360 videos via a VR headset) I'll have to check it out on an Android phone for now.

I have been loving the C4D VR-Cam plugin. I've made a couple of 4K stereoscopic VR animations and uploaded them to YouTube:

Now, if only After Effects gets some built-in VR support. I know there is that 3rd party plugin called Mettle Skybox that works with 360 degree content, but unfortuantely they only support mono depth. I need something that can handle stereoscopic 3D spherical maps. I have had to go about compositing an an awkward fashion of mesh warps, trying to conform to the distorted spherical image.

My other VR experiments can be found on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39OBuORCUlGoK-tnXYdYiA

Edited by jake_mathew