Sign in to follow this  
rollowenlock

Picking up where Vimeo left off

I imagine a lot of us have read the blog post from Vimeo about the changes to their service. What it means to us video makers is, its now almost impossible to trust that a work-in-progress video we upload to Vimeo will be available to watch by the client for review and approval. This is somewhat distressing, as time is usually pretty tight around this part of the video project.

Luckily a group of guys and myself have been working away on a system that takes care of this massive headache. Some of you have already started using it, it's called Wipster.

Where the product is lightyears ahead of Vimeo is the collaboration and project organisation features. And it doesn't cost any more.

Features include: contextual comments (write on the video), project folders, version control (a stack of edits from version 1 to the final signed off version), video delivery (send final to client, or publish to Vimeo, YouTube or Wistia), team members (so you can all work together in the one space) and private sharing of secure video.

We have videomakers from 65 countries using Wipster every day, they are working with clients from anywhere, and we're seeing groups of video makers from different countries working together in their one place in the cloud. It's quickly becoming the new standard way to work.

We currently have a 2 week free trial, have a look at how it works, and then sign up.

The WIP part is awesome but what I really want/need is a true Vimeo replacement, i.e. a place to upload videos that I can then use on my portfolio site.

For that Vimeo+ is only $60/year. If you could match that, I would change in a heartbeat.

Where the product is lightyears ahead of Vimeo is the collaboration and project organisation features. And it doesn't cost any more.

I'm confused on this part. Vimeo Pro is $200/year. Even paying annually the Freelancer cost comes to $288/year and the pro $492/year.

The WIP part is awesome but what I really want/need is a true Vimeo replacement, i.e. a place to upload videos that I can then use on my portfolio site.

For that Vimeo+ is only $60/year. If you could match that, I would change in a heartbeat.

I'm confused on this part. Vimeo Pro is $200/year. Even paying annually the Freelancer cost comes to $288/year and the pro $492/year.

The starter account is $90 per year, or $9 per month. Half the cost. We are currently looking at hosting video as well, but in the meantime a great company is www.wistia.com they do hosting with a load of features.