Slightly different opinions to everyone else I think. The reel has got some lovely pieces right up to 0:40, then it descends into clichés and clunky 3D type, and by the end of it you're showing logos over footage, and a couple of lens flares. In the portfolio on some pieces you even mention about how short the time-frames were - i.e. you know it's not great work, but you're trying to make excuses to cover that. On your own site.

You're missing a trick I think. The fun part, the whole point of going freelance is that you get to decide what work you take on, and your reel/site/whatever should show stuff that you're aiming to get into, not everything you've ever done since first picking up a mouse. You're obviously competent enough, you won't struggle for work I guarantee, so you have the option to start aiming a little higher, being a little less humble and little braver in chopping up the reel.

I guess you're trying to show a big volume of work but you'd be better off concentrating on the bits you're proud of IMO and ditch the rest. Unless you're aiming to get into low-budget compilation TVCs, in which case you're all set ;-)

Cheers - Chris

Feel free to add your details onto the C4D freelancer list by the way if you're looking out for new clients:

http://www.c4dfreelancers.com

Thanks ChrisC for your comment. I don't come on here for compliments so was good to get something meatier :)

My reel was mainly based for the agency side to gain work as soon as possible, in which case I figured a variety of brand names was more important. Also being full time for the last 4 years I don't feel like anything I have is really stand out or best showcases my abilities. For now I'm happy to do this sort of work to get paid while I do my own stuff in my own time. By next year I would love a much more 'clever' put together reel with none of the 'standard' mograph crap you see here. Just need to get settled first.

With the short time frame frame issue I guess your referring to the PSG piece. I agree and was in two minds when putting it up. I'm not particularly proud of it as a piece of work but I am really proud that I managed to put the whole thing together in a day. Its also for two huge brands so comes back to the whole agency thing again. Will change the text though.

Thanks again for your comments.

Cool, glad you've got a plan. Freelance can feel a bit chaotic till you find your rhythm.

Watch out you don't get caught being that guy people call when they've got bad jobs that need doing really quickly!