Sign in to follow this  
anothername

Software to manage contacts

Curious what kind of software you all are using to manage your contacts.

We're a small studio and I used to do pretty much everything admin myself but we've hit a point that both for the project co-ordination side of things and the sales side of things we need some way to track and filter contacts that's accessible and updatable by several people and cross platform.

If anyone has some good recommendations for software to manage contacts and do very lite "CRM" kinda stuff would love to hear them.

So far I took a look at Salesforce and it's way overkill in terms of functionality and price for what we're trying to do. I also checked out highrise by 37signals but was pretty disappointed by the feature set and the fact that it's no longer being actively developed.

So far filemaker seems to be the best option, price seems reasonable, good amount of useful features and there seems to be a lot of good ways to import and export data.

I used something called Base for a while but I think I probably adopted it too early as it was full of usability issues (which may have been sorted out now). I ended up with a little thing called Cobook which at least syncs with both iCloud and the social networks. I really wanted a way for handling 'live' contacts such that people can update their own email addresses when they move jobs, but it seems the reality is that the landscape is too complex for that to function outside of a specific network.