Sign in to follow this  
Cobra_Orphan.jpg

Experimental Short - Thoughts?

Hey guys!

Newbie member here. Love it already.

I really wanted to get some thoughts on this film I made. It's about a love affair between an anonymous lurker and a dancing internet sex demon (slightly NSFW):

A bit more info :

This started as a typical no-client, self-promotion fan-made music video but as time wore on I started using it to project other ideas onto and it became more a of a mutant neither-this-nor-that sort've clusterfuck of mixed intentions. Maybe you can relate. I was burning to tell a story, but I'm a motion graphics guy by day so I really have no clue how to tell a story. Rollercoaster designer, right Sagmeister?

Still, I find it interesting trying to adapt the skills and knowledge I do have into forming some kind of narrative, so I thought I'd try getting this basic story across just using interface design and interaction. I'd say it has limited success as a story but I am planning to recut this into a more manageable length so I'd love to hear any thoughts you have watching it.

I really fascinated with glitch effects, deep-web culture, data corruption, and moral corruption. I guess I liked the link between the two; a filthy pixelated data-stream from the seventh level of hell. Event Horizon was very formative for me. I tried making this end in redemption though, but I don't feel the redemption at all, it all feels a little flat.

I've probably spent too much time making this.

Oh, also, a word of advice, don't make a self-promotion piece that ends up being NSFW and full of bizarre sexual undertones unless you want to baffle and alienate all of your clients.

Whoops.

Thanks for your time!

It's pretty good for a experiment, i'll just say it's a little bit longer, would stop right after changes color and before the second song. I wish i the time and energy to spend on personal projects!