Sign in to follow this  
simonbronson

output a rough animatic look from c4d

I often come across a conundrum of having to show a rough work in progress / animatic / wireframe output from cinema 4d even once I have my project looking nice in terms of lighting and textures.

To show a state that looks unfinished I then have to uncheck options in render settings, , disable AA, remove textures and lights and then add display options and then enable HUD displays.

Has anyone discovered a quick way to make a crappy render from a nice looking scene to show interim progress to clients? Better still packaged it up into an output template/scene/plugin that is easily implemented.

thank you in advance!

In your render settings window, you will see in the bottom left corner 'my render setting'. Right click in there and select 'new' or 'new child'. That window allows you to save / create multiple render settings.

^ Eggzactly! Saving multiple render settings is crucial when you know you'll be going back and forth between a beauty pass and a hardware render or you've got a complex project.

I generally will set up a few common render presets like:

•hardware Quicktime

•low quality beauty

•high quality beauty

•mattes (just in case I forget an object buffer, basically everything is turned off)

I like to save the preset if it's general enough to use on other projects.

Happy rendering!

cheers, I could do that I suppose. In a perfect world I want to also have lots of HUD information, deformed showing up, wireframe display, frame number etc that I can enable for any comp.

You can. Just check RENDER HUD in the render settings.

Then Click on Options>Configure - you'll see HUD in your attributes. Check the items you want to show up.