Sign in to follow this  
Sircharles

Spam emails

Hi, I've been getting loads of spam all of a sudden. So I did a search for my email online.

It turns up on a Russian website - forum, with a huge list of peoples email addresses, presumably for that purpose of spamming people.

here: http://1337-soft.ru/halyava/mail/22479-zarubezh-3.html

What can I do to take it down.

Its weird seeing this on the internet - its as if I'm being held to ransom and I've no way of controlling it.

No contact details for the site..

Graham

ye.. you cant do anything...

internet has in general been going to shit. I get SOOO much spam in my gmail... even with the filter... in the last 30 days i have got 2,907 spam emails.... thats 100 spam emails a day.. and some of them still make it to my inbox. And also i keep getting password recovery emails from services i haven't used in forever...

welcome to the 21st century =)

ooh just found at the end of the page it says: if you find a mistake in the text select the text and press ctrl+enter, then it gives you an option to send a message to the admin..

maybe that will help...

[edit]: after checking more of that site. It looks like a fuckin evil site... so maybe messaging them to remove that link will just make them laugh and make them spam you even more...

Edited by vozzz

Cheers bud, I did actually report the link to google at least.

From the search list you can say - send report to google at the end of the page.

Google should supposedly check this - in theory.

Its a classic case of should the internet be policed isn't it..

I mean I use illegal downloads all the time, but then some illegal site bites me in the ass!

But the filtering system on my gmail is surprisingly good - I haven't had one junk mail get through to my mail.

clever stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, if you have a "yourname@yourservice.com" link on your site, spambots pick up on that and spam away. That's why you see some people do "yourname (at) yourservice (dot) com" and not provide clickable links. Some people just even do email forms. Again, I could be wrong about this.

Also, I do not know how to get your address off such lists.

with my next update i'll remove em, see if it helps.

but i put great emphasis on making it as easy as possible to contact me from my page.

i hate finding an artist and then rummaging through poorly designed websites to find an email. or a email form that doesn't work anymore.