Sign in to follow this  
vozzz

this makes me sad...

I don't get it? are the budgets that tight? i mean these guys just realized that no one cares about the clips and got a guy to just follow tutorials?

There's always the possibility that someone got a job they shouldn't have, and it turned out underwhelming. Or maybe it was a bad client and the process was unnecessarily micromanaged with bad taste. But more than likely, yes, the budget didn't support a higher quality production. I mean, honestly, how big of an audience do you think this track has? It's not really in the moneymaking range that might make a significant marketing investment a good gamble. It ain't no Taylor Swift single. And the sales falloff from Taylor Swift to this is basically logarithmic. As I understand it, in the music biz these days, there's millionaires and there's kids eating packaged ramen, and there's not a whole lot who successfully fall in between. These guys may be known, but they're like the c-list celebrities of the music world. Ain't much of the lion's share left for them.

well it got 30k views in 3 days, cant be that bad..

anyway, yeah i guess you're right.. and the song is pretty bad too...

meh.. put a vibrate tag on something...

I started freaking out a bit, thought it was MOGWAI collabing with some weird frooty loop beats.

I don't really watch tuts, so I couldn't really recognize what is and isn't a tutorial in there. Let's not forget the viewer doesn't recognize this stuff at a level that we do.

I don't have the expertise of many people here yet, but my first thought was: "this is what might happen if someone over their head tried to make some cool lighting and renders, couldn't figure it out, and because of looming deadlines, tried to make it look like the gradients are their "intentionally hip render idea". The 3D equivalent of drinking pabst to be cool, even though everyone (including hipsters) knows pabst is goat piss in a can.

Still, something about the movement was strangely familiar.

12-Money-for-nothing.jpg

Edited by Zmotive