Sign in to follow this  
states

this week's visual piece ...

Denial of Service | RED.CROSS_RED.CRESCENT

music video (originally meant as accompaniment for the live gigs) for one my freshly resurrected & re-done tracks. political glitch, i believe this is called ... lot's of datamoshes, displacement and all sorts of glitches on found footage, frenetically cut in sync to the rhythm.

https://vimeo.com/108153867

I really like the quality of the imagery. What sort of techniques are you using for the datamoshing?

I think you'd get a lot more mileage out of the images you're creating if you considered more what each image means in the context of those surrounding it. You know, creating a progression... a narrative, however loose. What you have now is really a sequence of random images of war and some stuff about worship in one section. But they don't really seem to mean much together. And the glitch is so evenly applied to everything, that everything tastes the same. And of course that's fine, it certainly works as background visual accompaniment for your live shows, but once it's played as a standalone short film or music video, presented as something to be seen start to finish, the viewer is going to require a little more out of the experience.