Sign in to follow this  
Encity

R16 3D data to after effects

Feel like im just running into issues now after upgrading to R16 lol

Is there a release on the horizon for R16 exchange plugin? so i can import my AEC files (form R16) into after effects?

Right now im opening my projects in r15, and exporting the AEC from there... lame workaround.

I also tried to import the .C4D file itself and using cineware, but my camera comes in without being animated, (its using an align to spline tag for its animation in the project) so thats not really a solution.

I haven't encountered an issue yet. Importing the C4D file and exporting the scene data has worked fine for me, albeit I don't believe I've tried a camera with an align to spline tag.

Stupid question... Have you tried putting the camera into a null, and putting the align to spline on the null?

Interesting issue.

Can you nitrobake the camera?

If you dont have it, give me a bit to get into the office and I'll get you a file with a baked camera.

Edited by AromaKat

appreciate the offer! however the file i supplied is a seriously cut-down example.

But i do have a workaround by opening up the project file in R15, and exporting the AEC compositing file from there, which works. (all i need is the 3D data anyway)

So i dont think theres a need to bake my camera.

I was primarily posting to inquire if this was an isolated issue that only i am having.....

or an actual "bug" with R16.

or if anyone knew if an R16 exchange plugin was coming out (or available)

(their website only has up to r14/r15)

Edited by Encity