Sign in to follow this  
vozzz

caps lock? really?

I know im probably late to this bitch train... but seriously?! WHY?

why not just have a little tick box? or a toggle, or anything really, that DOESN'T MAKE ALL YOUR LETTERS HUGE...

and since having it on has such a detrimental affect to the speed of rendering/rest of your computer functioning, why is this option even on my default?!

Who needs to see their render progress? isn't that what ram preview is for? who exports their animations without looking at them first?

GARGH! Time to learn Fusion...

there is also scroll lock, but in any case, i think if it was simply revered ( by default its off, and caps lock turns it on) Would make a lot more sense.

Im not sure why it need s toggling button, and can't simply be a tick box in the user interface..

I keep my Render Queue panel in the same frame as my compositions — that way when I hit render all I see is the progress of the queue. I think I'm getting the same speed boost as CapsLock without the ALL CAPS SCREAMING.

If AE doesn't have to blit the screen each frame, I think you get the speed up either way — but I don't remember the last time (or version) that I tested out the theory. Now I have something to do while eating lunch at my desk tomorrow.

I keep my Render Queue panel in the same frame as my compositions — that way when I hit render all I see is the progress of the queue. I think I'm getting the same speed boost as CapsLock without the ALL CAPS SCREAMING.

If AE doesn't have to blit the screen each frame, I think you get the speed up either way — but I don't remember the last time (or version) that I tested out the theory. Now I have something to do while eating lunch at my desk tomorrow.

Somebody ran some tests on this a while back, eg comp window foremost, comp window behind, comp window closed, caps lock on or off etc. Can't recall the results though. I also have render queue docked with comp window.

And yes, I was also thinking recently that it's starting to seem a bit antiquated.

on a PC, if you have Caps Lock on, and hit shift, the letters will revert to lower-case.

does not work on a mac though.

It does not. On a mac if you hit Caps your cap no matter what... which I generally like, but I guess for this purpose it's annoying.

This, i have always did this, i never get it when people say "SORRY IM RENDERING"