Sign in to follow this  
Encity

After effects - Scale property question

Is there a way to "batch" unlink the x,y property for scale?

I'm going to be having a lot of layers to do this for, but i cannot just select all my layers and unlink. (it only unlinks it per layer), so id have to do it manually.

Anyone have any ideas?

To give you a idea what im trying to do:

I have hundred of image assets of all different resolution sizes. I want to make them all the same size on screen (same size along the Y axis at least)

Normally with a few i just, select all, cmd-alt-F (fit to comp) and unlink the scale property and then copy the Y scale value and paste it to the X property. This makes all my images the same length in Y.

Would there be a better way of doing this?

Thanks

You could try pre-comping all of them and making those comps the same size in y. you can batch that w/ either "rd-compSetter" or "Selected Comp Changer" both scripts you can dl for free. only problem there is you'd have to go in and the x dimension by hand.

your other option would be to do some expressions magic. if you're trying to keep them evenly spaced in a straight line you could link the y scale to a slider and do some math to convert an exact pixel hight (your slider) to a scale percentage and then space the layers w/ another slider as an x position offset, adding the layer width (multiplied by the scale factor) to a pixel offset (x pos slider).

I'd go w/ the second option if I was the only one working on the project. people tend to panic when they see lots of code in someone else's project.

If you do Layer>Transform>Fit To Comp Height they will all have the same X and Y value but be the same height. Am I missing something?

Thats what im doing now, and after i fit to comp > i manually change the X value (so it matches the Y value of that layer) to have its original aspect ratio.

But i cannot quickly "unlink" the X-Y scale properties. i have to click on each scale properties chain icon individually.

I cannot do anything like select-all > unlink, it doesnt work.

You need this command:

Xk41rQy.png

holy shit, THANK YOU

theres one reason why sometimes i should go through the menus and not just the keyboard shortcuts. I can miss a lot of things like that!

Edited by Encity