Sign in to follow this  
dotcommer

Where are we at with compatibility for Yosemite?

Need to update my cuda/GPU drivers to take advantage of the new stuff OTOY has put out for Octane Render, but to upgrade, I need to also bump up to Yosemite.

So, its been out a little while, are there any lingering issues with the Adobe CS and CC versions and Cinema 4D R15/16? Thanks.

It's a bit specific, but if anyone is still using an old Mac Pro with an SSD drive, it's worth knowing that TRIM Enabler does not, and probably never will, work under Yosemite. So by upgrading you're risking the longevity of the drives in some way. I'm not an expert on TRIM and I'm sure it's a more complex picture than this, but I'll be leaving my MP on Mavericks indefinitely now.

I put Yosemite on my (newer) laptop but I can't say it's made anything better. I now get desktop notifications about SMS messages 2 days after I received them on my phone.

You could just disable the security check of the kext file as TRIM enable mentions on their website. Yeah, its disabling a security feature, but lets not forget this up until now, this was never secured in the first place. Or you could get some OWC ssd drives. Their architecture doesn't require garbage collection.

I"m still on the "I'm not touching my OS until Adobe makes me" program. only reason I got off of 10.7 was to upgrade to cc. haven't seen any benefit in 10.8.5 at home or 10.9 in the shops I frequent. doubt 10.10 will make a difference either.

on an unrelated note my cave paintings and fire building skills are at the top of their game.

Edited by foughtthelaw

The only thing that bothers me with Yosemite is the RAM preview bug mentioned in the link Todd posted.

We are working around that Apple bug in the version of After Effects currently under development (targeted for release this spring).

I get around the bug by not doing any animation before one second into the comp, and by putting my ram preview in point always one second before what I actually want to see. It's a bit of a pain, but I don't notice it much now that I'm used to it. It'll just be another pain unlearning the habit once the bug is fixed. :)