Sign in to follow this  
Cobra_Orphan.jpg

This showreel will make you scared and confused!

Check it out my fellow mographers! This is my newest showreel.

A colleague once said to me "always try to show the kind of work you want to do more of"

So with this reel I've included a lot of personal work, AFX character rigs, abstract particle design and general weirdness.

It's a lot less 'commercial' than my other reels have been.

I also made a conceptual intro that no one likes or understands. It's really profound though, I swear.

Let me know what you think!

:D

Edited by Cobra_Orphan.jpg

I enjoyed it, a lot. But such stylized and more abstract reel always make me tense up with fear a bit that its a dangerously hard sell, even though people like us who understand such things see the talent. But you are obviously well aware of that.

Please follow up in a few months and share how you feel its being received to new prospects compared to your past, more commercial reels.

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the feedback!

vozz, no worries, I wasn't offended!

AromaKat I'll be sure to check back in and share my success hunting for work with this reel. I generally approach animation studios so hopefully it will help me stand out in a good way, not stand out like a crazy homeless guy on a train.

(I always wonder if people like cyriak, brad neely or jason steele get offered commercial work)

January is always pretty dry though isn't it.

Liked this one, a lot. Looks like not much else out there, the detail really shows.

That's twice you've turned up here with interesting work to show. Pretty impressive! Hope it goes well for you.

(I always wonder if people like cyriak, brad neely or jason steele get offered commercial work)

You better believe they do! In fact, Cyriak has a whole commercial work playlist on his youtube channel.