Sign in to follow this  
cabecinha

C4D Modelling - Bending sort of a tube.

Hi there!

I'm making a shelve that as a shape like a tube and I need it to put that in a curved wall, in the two sides. But I can't make that shelve to maintain the curvature and dimensions in the tighter part.

What is the best way to model this?

I've tried using a bending deformer, a spline wrap, ffd, and all do the same. I also tried deforming the splines so the mesh would be ok, but I need it to have exact measures.

Sending image showing the problem.

Thanks!

2h2ju5d.png

s1mh42.png

Edited by cabecinha

The image doesn't show it, but I already have tried that and the result is the same.

Although, I've found something to work with, by creating three splines that make the curve in the middle and the extremes. I also created a three path with the shape of the shelves and assign each to the other splines with the spline wrap. Then baked that paths and created the mesh with a loft object.

Probably there is a better solution but that what works for me for now.

Am I missing something here? Seems like it should be as simple as spline wrapping a sweep nurbs and turning on "Keep Length"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1428576/TuberSplineWrap.c4d

You still seem to get the distortion the thicker you make that object. If you take your file and take the "Rectangle.1" spline and make the "Height" larger you'll see the bend change pretty drastically both in the front and the back of it.