Sign in to follow this  
anothername

Qnap help!

Got back to the office and my Qnap wasn't showing up on network, when I tried to login in to web interface said it saw there was qnap data on my disk did I want to restore factory defaults or initialize.

Tried to restore factory defaults, no luck. Took out disks and re-initialized with a blank disk.

Now I can login and work with Qnap so...

I put back in all my disks (raid 10) but still no luck, put back in the newly formatted disks and the 7 remianing other disks of raid ten figuring I could rebuild the raid volume on the formatted disk but still can't figure out how to make qnap do this.

I feel like with a raid 10 there should be some way to make the qnap see the data...

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

If you've physically removed all the drives, I'm not sure you can rebuild the RAID.

That said, call QNAP. They'll know better than anyone, and support is pretty good. Often they'll remote in to take a look themselves.

Thanks Aaron in the end I decided to just wipe and restore from backup. We lost about a day of work but that's life.

Funny you say QNAP help is good, my experience with them is that it's non existent. I've never been able to get phone support from them. They have never offered to remote in, I've had a hard time to get them to even look at logs I've sent them.