Sign in to follow this  
hello.ahay

Flip timeline in AE

Ok so on this occasion I really don't want to Time Remap to reverse my footage as I need the comp to be editable, (in a sense that I can RAM preview). I need to flip everything on the timeline, so it's the exact reverse of my original. Can't think of a way of doing this.

Maybe I can explain it better with a pic what I'm trying to do. UwyhgRk.jpg

Any scripts that will achieve this?

Hm, think I answered my own question, though it's not very neat, so if there is a better option I'd like to still hear it.

Enabled time remapping for some of my layers so that they could span the whole timeline, others were just nulls so they could run the whole length without issue. Then time reversed. Workable at least.

Well, the original comp is a camera move used at the stat of a sequence. Then at the end of the sequence I wanted to use the same camera move, but in reverse, however I wanted to keep it editable in the timeline as the comp needed changing (footage replacing and some more camera work). Reversing the pre comp means that it it's harder to work with (I'd have to work in reverse).

Have you tried ETLAT split viewer windows to see where you are in the pre-comp vs to be rendered comp? Probably not ideal but better than working blindly in reverse or tons of flipping layers around. Someone at Ae scripts or AE enhancers might be able to provide a more elegant solution but most likely will cost you.