Sign in to follow this  
jm_d

Alpha depth via Plain deformer?

Hi!

I am trying to recreate this effect

gDhc5xH.jpg

And thats where I am so far.

JCh7yKn.png

I can tweak the depth of field and I think I got that covered but I wonder how to create this effect where the opacity change with their position.

Thats my set up

9MHto36.png

I tried to use a plain deformer with a fall off to tweak the opacity but didnt really worked (or maybe I didnt used it correctly too)

Any leads?

Thanks!

The example you're showing might be from a particle generator and not a bunch of clones. I'm no scientist, but since all the spheres are emitting from the center, and the splines connecting them all go back to the center, that'd be my guess. I'd set up an emitter, emit a burst of particles, then let your tracer/sweep nurb go to work. Set the focus distance of the camera to the particle emitter and play around with the front and back blur (or set up a physical camera with the physical renderer) and I suspect you might be pretty close.

The plain effector works like a charm (thanks to your file) with cloner but do not work with particles.

Now the question is, how can I trace all my cloned object to one non clone object? :)