Sign in to follow this  
Spunj

C4D Formula Effector - Multiple sine waves

So I'm creating current lines for the surface of a cartoonish river in C4D. I'm using the formula effector on a mospline which works perfectly, however I need more waves in the line. The default formula in the formula effector creates one wave no matter how long the spline is. I need multiple waves. I am a complete idiot when it comes to this kind of math, but I assume I just need to add a bit of extra math in there to make it work. Basically I am looking for a sine wave that has multiple waves, rather than the one you get with the default formula. I can't use a formula spline, because I need to use a falloff that allows the line to start out straight and then get a wavy animation half way (ish) through the spline.

Any math geniuses out there have a simple solution?

Thanks,

-Spunj

Of course as usual I have been trying to figure it out for quite a while and didn't do it correctly until after I made this post. I figured it out. Now, perhaps some more difficult math, is there some math I can add that will make the sizes of the waves random so it isn't quite such a symmetrical sine wave?

-Spunj

You can copy the formula and add up the results based on different values. Otherwise there's a noise() function as well plus of course you can always feed in the results of e.g a vibrate tag or add more effectors/ deformers. The Random Effector set to Turbulence or Shader Effector with a Noise will give great flexibility.

Mylenium