Sign in to follow this  
ivancruz

What do you use to manage your projects?

Hey guys, I'm working on a personal project and looking to gather some information regarding how you manage animation projects. I put together a quick form to gather this information easier and would be amazing if you could take a few minutes to go through it.

Link to form:

http://goo.gl/forms/D91A6f2Ypo

Greatly appreciate it and thanks in advance!!

Ivan

IVAN! Been a while. I don't think I've seen you on Slack--you need to join if you haven't already.

Right now, I'm mostly just using Google Spreadsheets to track stuff. It always ends up being faster and more customisable than the other options. Basecamp is never quite enough (though I'll still use it for some stuff), and working with only a few other people doesn't justify the time and effort it takes to use Shotgun or Ftrack.

Anyway, I'll fill out the form with this :)

Basecamp could be amazing, but they never seem to quite have all the features you want and they are extremely weird with how they remove functionality between updates. Was super excited for all the updates in version three...until I realized they took out the calendar! No calendar in a project management tool WTF. Thinking of switching to trello do they have a calendar?

trello isnt really like basecamp.

trello is like a big cork board and you put cards on it. and sort them into columns.

so it doesn't do much management for you.

i like it coz its like a spread sheet, but each cell you can click on and it has useful stuff inside, history, comments etc..

i dunno, i like having project management online, since i can share it with clients which are in other parts of the world, and even if they not actually contributing, they can just see how things are going.