Sign in to follow this  
iline

Do you get work from Behance?

I don't take the site seriously, but I went to Faux Images in Berlin (200 people there with their cute partners, what? There's sod-all mograph work in Berlin) and the presenters said they were approached by multiple prospective clients after putting shiny HDRI nonsense on their Behance page. Can anyone attest to this?

i never got around to filling it up. making projects has always seemed too tedious to me.. I guess it depends on country too.

Maybe berliners like behance. Or maybe they where just paid by adobe to say that....

Yeah, I get people finding me that way sometimes. But you have to be really good about editing what you present, and then presenting it well because you typically have to attract someone's attention with a slightly-larger-than-thumbnail sized image which will be floating amongst hundreds or thousands of other images they're rifling through. And the site puts forward what seems to be popular, so there's a steep curve of added viewership from what people perceive to be "pretty good" to what they perceive to be "great". You can have pretty good work that gets no attention, and is effectively invisible.

As in many things, you have to be just that much more compelling. But the upside is that when you are, you become really visible. I'm no master at this, but people find me. https://www.behance.net/division05

I wonder if I can convert wordpress portfolio posts into Beyonce posts automagically, because it does seem tedious to try to stand out in a windy cornfield filled with people who can do what I do.

Behance has its own site-builder that you can buy into and is relatively easy, and has that sort of functionality. But it's not really that hard to take the jpegs and vimeo links you're using for your wordpress site and slam them into behance projects. What a lot of the web designers and app developers do to make more engaging and personalized presentations is nicer though.

Good to know Cary. As someone looking to get back into freelance it's worth a shot. I made my first post on this site asking for feedback on my showreel so this topic is on my mind. Your storyboarding video also blew my mind, so a belated thank you from a fellow CalArts grad

It's a bit creepy, 'look who's watching you!!', and prone to spamming, but LinkedIn has been great for getting connections made. I guess recruiters/producers love it because they can see your location, work history and who you've worked for before. Just don't go joining too many groups unless you want your inbox flooded with endless dirge.