Sign in to follow this  
jontz71

killer world machine to c4d displacement

hey guys,

does anyone have experience in making displacements with this level of detail from World Machine ? check out the glacier melt lines ! (second slide in link)

i've gotten some good results of rocks with just the subpoly noise shader stacked, but it's no where as cool as the reference.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/16095931/CAIS-Brand-Images

from the credits it looks like these guys rock 3DMax.

any help or links greatly appreciated.

jontz

while watching a tut on world machine they mentioned this and so i gotta learn some world machine ;)

was just wondering if the c4d community had any insight over DEM earth vs the world machine method ? will have to experiment.

thank you for the suggestion,

jontz

while watching a tut on world machine they mentioned this and so i gotta learn some world machine ;)

was just wondering if the c4d community had any insight over DEM earth vs the world machine method ? will have to experiment.

thank you for the suggestion,

jontz

Just got into World Machine and DEM Earth.

Both are equally amazing but for different reasons. I've only used DEM Earth if I need a landscape really quickly especially if it had to resemble somewhere on Earth. It was especially helpful building quick cities too.

However, there isn't much room for going beyond the landscape it gives you. If you wanted a landscape more custom, it was just easier to do it in World Machine.