Sign in to follow this  
Davor

Texture start animating after specific action...

Sort of "flooding" all the forums I know to see if I can figure out an answer to something I'm looking to do.

I have a cloner set, and looking to have a texture animation to start after the planer pops them up. Right now I can just get the animation to start all at the same time. I'd like it to be a bit more dynamic so it actually starts in the sequence they pop up. For visual example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMQr5ki1O4g

Unfortunately a clone is just that and to do what you want you would need individual materials on each one of them to begin with. That's a general limitation in C4D.

Mylenium

You CAN do this with the mograph multi shader in the texture field and a time (or other) effector as a child of your plane effector.

Use the plane effector just for scale, translate, rotate and use the time just for color (set color mode to: user defined, color: black, use alpha/strength: ticked). You may have to invert the time effector's falloff. Set the Cloner > Transform > Color to: white

In the material, set your color or luminance texture to MoGraph > Multi Shader and select "Add from Folder" and point to folder containing an image sequence. Be careful with this and save versions before and after.

Download the sample project file I created here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qf1rbmfny2nlej/Animted-tex-time-offset-example.zip?dl=0

The texture used in this example is stock video that comes with C4D exported as tiff sequence.

Edited by sbtread

Before posting the question I did come across some people suggesting to use the multishader, but I couldn't get it to pan out right. Either it seemed random or off frames or it wanted to loop... Will give it another go with your pointers. Thanks!!