Sign in to follow this  
Davor

X Particles, Branch and Trails

Hello all, I've been trying my best to figure this out but can't seem to get it to happen... if it's even possible. I have particles grow out from a spot and create some branching particles, I have trails on them and at a specific point I'd like those trails to go away. They just keep following the particles, and if I kill the particles the trail just turns off, not quite what I'd like. I'd love for them to shrink in length. I noticed a "Question" for "Particle Trail" but can't seem to figure it out how to effect the length if that's even what it's for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On the Emitter add the Question: Particle Age

In the particle age node set the mode to "Is greater than" and then play with the value for "Age" below it.

Create a new Action also: Object Actions > Change Trails

In that action node under the "Per-particle Effects" section, turn on "Shrink trails"

Select the Particle Age question node and drag the Change Trails action node into the actions list

If this doesn't make sense, send me your file (PM or post a link here) and I can send back a simplified version of your setup setup with the above added.