Sign in to follow this  
este.eri

Macbook Pro to PC Laptop

Hey everyone. I've been a member of this group for many moons. Any PC users that can recommend a capable laptop that can have the performance of a Mac? After almost 15 years using a Macbook Pro.... I am jumping ship... Apple doesn't care about me and my Mid 2012 needs to be faced out. I've seen the Alienware machines, any other solutions out there for mograph? Is Windows 10 good? I have some anxiety. Lol.

Thanks!

Eri

Edited by este.eri

What do you plan on doing with it? AE? C4D? Octane? Will it be your main machine?

Mograph is a broad term, a little more info about it's intended uses would help.

Windows 10 is perfectly fine.

Totally. Mainly I do a lot of animating in After Effects and Cinema 4D and Editing in Premiere Pro. I am pretty familiar with the other threads, just trying to get some advice on the laptop situation since it will be my main machine. I like to move around when I work, so no desktop. Thanks!

razer blade for battery life/looks like a macbook

msi gs60 on a budget

gigabyte aorus x7 - super gpu power, but really noisy.

Edited by vozzz

I went ahead and shelled out for this: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-computers/wacom-mobilestudio-pro

It'll be my first time using Windows since...the late 90s?

Hey, did you get the keyboard too? How is it working for you? I use a wacom exclusively....but sometimes I have to write emails. Also is it comfortable to work directly on the screen with AE for example?