Hi there, I'm animating a hand pretending to walk. There's only 3 fingers visible as I thought having the ones tucked behind might make it look too busy? 

Also didn't include them thinking maybe with the perspective I could get away with it. I'm not aiming for realism just trying to give a solid impression.

I don't have fresh eyes..what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

hand-test.gif

I can see why you did it this way, but I'm distracted by the missing fingers. It wouldn't need much - just a hint of the knuckles tucked away behind the thumb should do it. But the fingers do have a nice swishy walk, almost provocative ;-) and a tasty illustrated feel.

Dig it. Like the little "kick" forward. I would second what ChrisC said about the missing fingers feeling like more of a distraction by not having them. I would also say that on an anatomy note, the index finger is shorter than the middle finger and having them at equal length bothers me a bit on that. That being said adding length on the middle finger might have an impact on walk's vertical motion that may or may not ruin the desired look and feel you are going for. Ultimately it's up to you on that one. Regardless, good work!

I didn't even notice the missing fingers until I read the post. It may depend on how long you have it on screen. If you want to loop it like this somewhere, probably good to add them! Love the kick of fingertips though! v nice

Hi Dess!

I agree with all of the above, about just having the two extra fingers in the back, loving the little kick, and i absolutely love the illustrative aesthetic. Something I would also comment on is the movement of the thumb. I would think that its movement would resemble the movement of the arms swaying at the side. I think it would look more dynamic and natural if you would have the thumb move in the opposite direction of the index finger, but only as subtle of a movement as you've got it now. 

Other than that, I really love this little piece of animation! I would totally add it to my mograph-wall if I saw this in pinterest feed :D