Hello!

I'm Nuno Leites, a motion designer based in Porto, Portugal.

I launched my first reel 4 years ago and in the meanwhile many things have changed. I created my own studio, Snack Studio, where I worked during 4 years. Six months ago we decided to go different pahts and I returned to my freelance journey.

In this reel you will find a compilation of projects I developed during the last 4 years.

+ projects and info: nunoleites.com

Hi Nuno!

Your reel rocks! You have so much work that is just killing it, whereof my favourites are the animated illustrations for the Brokerslink Conference, the 2D/3D shapes of the Flabercast (?) logo, and the drinks combined with some 3D elements. Also I love the way you are cutting and timing along to the music! In the beginning, I think you could generate more curiosity with the viewer by holding som close up and abstract shots, all the way up to point 00:14 when the buildup begins. I feel like you are revealing too much by showing the entire scene of Santa Clause at 04:00. Also it might just be a matter of taste, but to me the music is slightly too intens, especially the vocals. It made it kind of a pain to watch it all the way to the end, although the design and animation part was good. 

I would recommend for you to either find an instrumental version of your song, find an altogether different song, or use the song as it is, but cut  the length down, so that the entire reel will be shorter. 

Also the logo animation of your name is pretty brilliant. Maybe you could slow it down just a bit so that the animation is holding when we see your name, and also the end tag with the single symbol. Now this is just nitty gritty stuff, but you should consider properly adjusting the curves of the animation instead of simply reversing it. Since the logo animation is an essential part of your brand, you should probably do that part properly.

Other than that I think that you do a great job at showing a variety of style, while still keeping a cohesive vibe.

I wish you the best of luck on the return to your freelance journey, and keep up the good work!