Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beaver

Dig up your noob stuff, and post it!

Guest Tread

haha! It was so funny... we couldn't stop laughing.

Unfortunately, we are not going out. We met cause I approached her, and wanted to go out with her. She's resistant for some reason, I can't really figure out why. Might be religious differences. But we get along great. She's one of those girls that on the inside is totally geekin' out, but on the outside, maintains a feminine appearence, and a rather appealing one, at that. She would be quite perfect for me, but whatever.

I don't think this will be going into my new reel. Maybe I will make a gag one, and play this clip over and over for 2 minutes.

Guest SermonOfMockery

you're an A-hole, fred, that doesn't really suck at all. the camera moves are really good. f u.

Guest fredcamino
you're an A-hole, fred, that doesn't really suck at all. the camera moves are really good. f u.

25584[/snapback]

bite my tits chicken monkey. it makes me sad because it was the first and last thing i truly enjoyed working on and it helped plant me firmly in an airconditioned hell.

Guest 3rdMARTINI

Awesome... Mr. Bungle is eggerific.

Alright, I had to find some arcane old MJPEG codec to bring this baby to life.

It's not the first piece I ever did, but it is my first reel in all its craptastic glory.

It's WAAAY too long (TRT 4:41), especially given the fact that I didn't have much to show 7 years ago. But, I show it in its entirety for posterity's sake.

My First Reel (1998)

Guest fredcamino
Awesome...  Mr. Bungle is eggerific.

Alright, I had to find some arcane old MJPEG codec to bring this baby to life.

It's not the first piece I ever did, but it is my first reel in all its craptastic glory.

It's WAAAY too long (TRT 4:41), especially given the fact that I didn't have much to show 7 years ago.  But, I show it in its entirety for posterity's sake.

My First Reel (1998)

25696[/snapback]

that reel is so awesome mr. martini. 7 years ago, daaaaaaamn. i have a collection of old school reels from '96-'99 from companies like pittard sullivan, belief, gadget school, dna design, novocom, and v12 - and frankly all the work is quite craptastic, it's amazing how far things have come.

Guest 3rdMARTINI

It really is amazing when you think about it.

A little background on the stuff in the reel:

Created with the following:

Lightwave 5.0

Adobe After Effects 4.1

Adobe Photoshop 5.0

Adobe Illustrator 7.0

Adobe Premiere 5.1

My capture hardware was an old Iomega Buz... capturing (VHS and 8mm!) video at a whopping 352x243. I created the whole thing on my Pentium MMX 200 with 64MB RAM running Windows NT 4.0.

This reel got me a job doing Avid editing on a Quadra 9600 266 w/384 MB of RAM. Not much of a step up! :D

You know... I actually have that Avid sitting in my garage. Anyone want to buy it so it stops taking up space? :D

Edited by 3rdMARTINI

Guest MrCrothers

Before I new how to use After Effects, I did this thing.

It was supposed to be a 10 second informative animation about New Guinea (my professor pulled countries out of a hat), and it turned into an over a minute long piece featuring off key singing and Balki Bartokomous with no usful information at all.

I got an A.

New Guinea!

Guest 3rdMARTINI

I performed all the music for that reel on a Yamaha PortaTone keyboard.

New Guinea rocks! That's some funny stuff man.

Guest bne meyrs

Sorry for the bumb but Damn, I wish I was around this forum when all these were still posted! anybody got any that they wanna post NOW? give us the goods!

Edited by bne meyrs

Guest C.Smith

Sorry for the bumb but Damn, I wish I was around this forum when all these were still posted! anybody got any that they wanna post NOW? give us the goods!

If this thread DOES fire back up, I'd love to see the old, but also post something recent you're proud of to show the progression.

Guest carniceria

I'll post my new reel hopefully later this year. I really want to time it so it's about a year later from my original reel post (which was so bad)

Guest bne meyrs

Alright, took me a while to dig this link up... I'm surprised geocities still has those old domains up! Feel free to laugh all you want. I was obsessed with tomb raider when I was in grade school. I made a fan site, and I was really bad at it. Notice in the news section I posted that Demi Moore was selected to play lara croft in the upcoming Tomb Raider movie. What a useful source of information the Croft Loft was! Unfortunately I had no idea what motion graphics was at this point... wow i was such a dork!

Check It Out

enjoy fuckas!

Edited by bne meyrs

Guest adoptedkorean

ok... so i know the thread was started a while back but i thought i'd give my 2 cents.

this was the very first thing i made in AE for a school project. Project 1

this was the second thing i made in AE for school

Project 2

:blink: