Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jog_shapes

color correction

Guest Jog_shapes

Hi guys,

Does anybody here know a good color correction tutorial? I'm eager to learn more of the fancy coloring techniques rather than just correcting dark areas and light areas..

thanks

Jog.

Guest firemind

Hmmmm, anyone know a site/book/article dealing with broadcasts limits, legal colors for PAL/NTSC etc.?

Having a prepress background I'm familiar with color correction basics, but for print. I'd like to have some technical specs for telly/DVD limitations.

Guest firemind

Ah great, I'll add that book to my next amazon order. Now I'm off to watch my previous one, the chris cunningham DVD :D

Guest vuzz

I just orders the 3 DVD set is it as good as it looks how are the extra bits. Hell I will see for myself soon but whatever can't wait.

Guest fredcamino

It's pretty excellent, the Michel Gondry one is by far the best in my opinion, that guy is so cool. It's double sided and just filled with great extras, notably the documentary "I've Been Twelve Forever". The Spike Jonze one is also double sided and has commentary from the artists (musicians) for each of the videos. The Chris Cunningham DVD is the weakest, being only one-sided and sort of lacking in the extras deparment. His work is a little to dark for my tastes anyways, but amazing nonetheless. But regardless, you have every reason to be excited, it's great stuff.

Guest firemind

I was a tad disappointed with the cunningham DVD, it doesn't have all his videos, just the most wellknown ones. Everything, except the drummer monkey, I already had in digital form. Ohwell, the booklet was nice. I'm considering getting the gondry one, as his videos are nice conceptually. I don't care at all for spike jonze's stuff tho, sorry :P

Guest Jog_shapes

where do guys actually get all these cool dvd's? i'd love to buy the michel gondry one..have you guys checked out bjork's dvd? lots of michel gondry work there...

jog.

Guest fredcamino

you can get those cool dvd off of that cool place amazon dot com. they actually have a pretty decent deal on the package of all 3. it's called the "director series" from palm pictures. the michel gondry one has 3 of bjorks videos on it. you can also check out some other gondry information at this website:

http://www.director-file.com/gondry/contents.html