Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

Interview with MATT FRACTION of MK12

Guest govinda
Excellent.  Keep up the great work!! 

BTW who did interview?

26051[/snapback]

It was a collaboration of questions from both of us, with Firemind doing the actual contacting.

And yeah, yesterday's KC Star interview was bizarrely timed, with different photos and some different info that we wouldn't have thought to ask about. But we're the only ones running photos large enough so that you can actually see the small pile of ash collecting under Matt Fraction as his cigarette smolders. (The photos are clickable.)

Guest sergioduque

really nice work!!

the board was great has it was, but interviews is a big plus!!

congrats

much better than joining the cow, hey? :P

Edited by sergioduque

Guest Senior Pantsdown

Thanks for the great interview! I always find the things the good people at MK12 say/think as inspired and true as their work. It's good to know there are some real artists floating about makin' pretty art (without the FAT head that seems to be a side-car of talent/money for most people).

Hooray for everything!

Dan

:)

Guest Nhowe

Very cool... i am really excited that Mograph is going to have interviews now... what a great addition. Thanks guys.

any hints on who the upcoming interviews are?

Guest SermonOfMockery

again, i'm not really a fan of mk12, but this is the best advice i've ever heard:

You're going to lose more than you win.

ps- i think i've posted 3 or 4 interviews on here before, search if you're interested.

Edited by SermonOfMockery

Guest govinda
ps- i think i've posted 3 or 4 interviews on here before, search if you're interested.

26158[/snapback]

Yes you have. If you check your logs you'll see my IP crawling all over your site in the last few weeks checking out how you did stuff. Thanks for the great example. Your pieces are really good, and the layouts are obviously much more detailed and subtle. I was irrevocably on your...site...in preparation for doing my first layout last weekend.

Finn is talking about Meter Magazine, his personal interview and design zine.

As for hints for the next one, we don't know which of two possibilities we'll have up next. So here's one about one of them: they work in proximity to Timothy Q. Mouse.

(And if anyone gets that, please don't post it all over this thread.) :)

Guest SermonOfMockery

ha, i'm sure your IP will be the only one in the logs, nobody ever reads that site! but thanks.

ps- that mk12 interview was very well done. in depth and original/interesting questions, good job.

Edited by SermonOfMockery

Guest BillD222

Okay, so I'm a slacker and I just read the interview.

It was really good. Thanks Firemind and Govinda, great job!

Guest heemz

agreed that this was a good interview.

most people get sucked into the same old questions,

good to see some variation and we also got treated with

nice res images.

:)

Guest mezonik

awesome interview! gave me more insight to what the hell id be getting myself into and what i really want out of all of this in the end. good job you guys and more interviews and pics!

It appears Mr. Fraction has moved onto the glamorous world of writing for comic books!

http://www.mattfraction.com/archives/002719.php

"After six cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-zy years as a Creative Director (?) at, and founder of, motion graphics and design powerhouse MK12, I've decided to pack it in and head off to the sure-bet billions that await me in the lucrative field of freelance writing."

That's a shocker. Along with John Dretzka leaving, I wonder if MK12 is in its last throes (or have they been for the last 2 years?) .

Ah, Mr fraction specifically did not want to discuss his comic career in that interview, but it's cool to know he is following his heart. I too miss working in comics :/