Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

NAB

Guest govinda

You're there tomorrow, right Sao? You should give us some dope. I thought I might make it but work intruded.

Guest Sao_Bento
You're there tomorrow, right Sao? You should give us some dope. I thought I might make it but work intruded.

27337[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll be there for a quick tour. My current lineup is Apple, Adobe, Maxon, and Pinnacle, followed by Quantel and Discreet just to see what kind of stuff their showing. I'll check out the real digital cameras (Dalsa/Arri/Sony/Panasonic) if I get time.

Any requests?

Guest isotropy

If anyone could give a quick report on Fusion 5 from Eyeon, i'd really appreciate it :)

Guest Sao_Bento
some more infos,please....

27559[/snapback]

copied from my mis-post in the Lounge area -

I'm not a DF user, so I'm probably missing a lot.

I looked at DF5 for you. Sounds like the plan is to implement 3D with the same level of compatibility they currently offer for image file formats. The demo artist didn't seem to know a whole lot about it though. It was easy to stump him with questions about importing 3D geometry - like "where do you do the texture? - If you do it in the 3D app, you're tweaking it based on the renderer the 3D app uses, so it's bound to look different in DF" Will DF be able to reference an external renderer?, etc. All the basic questions you'd have about a compositor importing geometry. It does make 3D primitives internally, and it does have 3D cameras. Nice 2D sprite based particles too. - hope that helps.

Guest Deepsky

More and more DF is sounding fantastic. I would love to learn more about it's new 3D capabilities. Thanks Sao for sharing.

Edited by Deepsky

Guest Sao_Bento
so df can importing geometry now,this is more then i have expected...thanks Sao.

27622[/snapback]

I think that's just on the slate for "future releases". The only 3D objects I saw in the demos were created from primitives generated within DF.

The demo artist's interaction with the 3D environment certainly looked very smooth and fast. The main thing they emphasized was that they were comitted to maintaining quality and stability while providing a very wide range of support for 2D and 3D file formats.

Guest isotropy

Cool man. I'm hoping that there's going to be some sort of limited camera mapping ability onto the geometry. It would be nice to be able to do those BG matte paintings in 2D rather than having to 3D render that all the time.

Guest Sao_Bento
Cool man. I'm hoping that there's going to be some sort of limited camera mapping ability onto the geometry. It would be nice to be able to do those BG matte paintings in 2D rather than having to 3D render that all the time.

27662[/snapback]

That's funny, because it's exactly what I told him. Rather than worry about doing a final render of foreground CGI in the app, the first step would be to make it so you can import the gemometry of a scene and use it as a reference for getting the matte paintings right.

Guest firemind

If you could import 3d geometry in DF then it would be up on par with Nuke, an application costing a multitude of what DF does. Would be a killer move, edging more and more towards the big discreet apps.