Sign in to follow this  
Guest firemind

Adobe buys Macromedia

Guest Sao_Bento
Imagine, if you will:

Macrobe After Flash, Free-ustrator, Go Weaver, Directoncore & Photoshop CMXS 2006!

Actually, they should call all their new products, "XS"

As in excess.

As in ENOUGH!!!

I haven't seen a Super Team-Up since that one cross over when Marvel Comics and DC Comics merged. And you know, that Batman/Wolverine sucked the ass.

Did I just out myself?  :o

27495[/snapback]

If Freehand and Illustratror should be combined, it is inevitable that the resulting product should be called "FrustratorCS"

Edited by Sao_Bento

Guest antim

I hope everyone realizes that the reason Macromedia has such horrible interfaces is because everytime they tried to fix it Adobe sued them! So now maybe these products can actually be made useable. I personally love the idea of Adobe-izing Flash. I think it could be a great product. As for the rest of their product line, I really don't care. Photoshop and Illustrator work fine for me, although I wouldn't mind an Illushop.

LVC

Edited by antim

Guest Sao_Bento
I hope everyone realizes that the reason Macromedia has such horrible interfaces is because everytime they tried to fix it Adobe sued them! So now maybe these products can actually be made useable. I personally love the idea of Adobe-izing Flash. I think it could be a great product. As for the rest of their product line, I really don't care. Photoshop and Illustrator work fine for me, although I wouldn't mind an Illushop.

LVC

27678[/snapback]

You can't blame Adobe for Macromedia's lack of understanding regarding basic UI concepts (like, using a metaphor doesn't work if your version doesn't work like the version in the user's world). Other stuff is just plain lazy. Adobe doesn't own any copyright on the idea of interpolating keyframes without having to insert "tween". Then there's the way the selections work . . . . .and you don't stooooooooopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Guest mofresh

As long as theres still illustrator, AE and photoshop, im happy. they can do what they want with the rest :P

Guest mezonik

i would be happy if they decided to make the flash timeline and animation interface as easy to use as AE's. if that would be the case then i'd probably be doing more web stuff. esp for my generic site! :P. i figure AE already has some coding functions to it like expressions, but i dont think it's as developed as flash. anyway, in my opinion web isnt as super cool as broadcast... at least not yet. and if this merger gives me more animation possibilities im all for it.

Guest Sao_Bento
i would be happy if they decided to make the flash timeline and animation interface as easy to use as AE's. if that would be the case then i'd probably be doing more web stuff. esp for my generic site!  :P. i figure AE already has some coding functions to it like expressions, but i dont think it's as developed as flash. anyway, in my opinion web isnt as super cool as broadcast... at least not yet. and if this merger gives me more animation possibilities im all for it.

31245[/snapback]

The thing is that the web aspires to be television. All the flash stuff is just a cut-rate attempt to emulate TV. These days it's becoming more practical to do actual video on the internet, so the demand for the traditional flash style stuff is in decline. Macromedia knows this, which is why their booth at NAB was surrounded with banners declaring "Flash IS video". Unfortunately, every-time I went by, their demo was about actionscripting and featured images that were as well thought out as the Flash interface (meaning they were shite).

Guest mezonik

^^ haha there were really banners saying "flash is video" haha man... wish i couldve gone to nab. jeez, yeah for some reason alot of my friends get their information twisted when they want to learn flash. they thought that when they took flash classes at art school they would be learning animation. unfortunately they just skim the surface and go straight to coding. anyway, my friend went to nab and was crying over the shear beauty of the new hd flash memory cameras.

Guest Sao_Bento
^^ haha there were really banners saying "flash is video" haha man... wish i couldve gone to nab. jeez, yeah for some reason alot of my friends get their information twisted when they want to learn flash. they thought that when they took flash classes at art school they would be learning animation. unfortunately they just skim the surface and go straight to coding. anyway, my friend went to nab and was crying over the shear beauty of the new hd flash memory cameras.

31263[/snapback]

This is kind of weird, but most of the people I saw were actually going "ga ga" over tape - specifically HDCAM SR. The idea of being able to store a lightly compressed 4:4:4 signal on something that moves so easily between workstations or even facilities is mind-blowing.

In the Arri booth, they had a tiny little porta-pac HDCAM SR deck hooked up to an Arri D20 - Damn that would be a nice toy to play with.

Guest igorschmigor

i found this interesting page on the adobe site:

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/invrelatio...omedia_faq.html

they're saying that they'll fire people on both sides.

Also something about a flash-pdf-combination i think.

And this was interesting:

Over time, Macromedia products will transition to the Adobe brand. Adobe expects to keep and continue investing in key Macromedia product brands.

Guest SermonOfMockery

thank god, i've been wanting to embed PDFs in my SWFs for years!!! my prayers have been answered!

Guest Sao_Bento
thank god, i've been wanting to embed PDFs in my SWFs for years!!! my prayers have been answered!

31696[/snapback]

"we're replacing the convenience of one plug-in with the convenience of two plug-ins!"

Guest nutrition_facts
If they kill off Director, i will personally burn Adobe headoffice down to the ground.

27346[/snapback]

amen.