Sign in to follow this  
Guest zacid

working reel

Guest ONA1R Studios
no offense scorch, but if you came to columbus, you would be flattened out by the competition (seriously rolled out). back to reality

29481[/snapback]

You must be out of your mind! What the hell could possibly be going on in Columbus!! Atlanta is bearly making it HAHAHAH

IF thats all you need to make it, I'm on my way. . .

Guest milksac

Am I the only one that thinks zacid is headboxes new identity?

I realize that zacid isn't banging away on the right wing drum, however he seems to be combative for the sake of amusement. Sounds a little too familiar.

Guest Palazzo

Don't forget:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

4. requires excessive admiration

5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Guest hotbuttertrucker

Yea, I agree. 20 years or not that is no reel. It is a promo piece. IMO it sucks. What is worse is the way you behave to the comments you are given. This can be a tough crowd, but with a mind to advance our art. You are probably caught between a rock and a hard place, not wanting to put the adult stuff on your reel. Some people catch any sign of adult and imediately run like hell. We all work long and hard at our work. Sometimes it just isn't good and we have to start over. You would do well to take a step back and look at your work objectivly and consider how your work compares to the masters that are here on this forum. Sugestion, work with some depth everything is pretty flat. Good luck with making a new reel.

Guest fredcamino

just to clarify: i, fred camino, am not zacid. some of the more brilliant members of the forum have, generously i admit, made the assumption that my combined wit, perversion, and ennui are great enough to have created such a deliciously deviant character as zacid in order to indulge my darker tendencies towards instigation and to add that old "zing" back into mograph. unfortunately, this simply is not the case, although i most certainly wish it were true. what's worse, this prevents me from ever trying such a stunt in the future, which, quite frankly, i had considered at one point.

that being said, this is a very amazing thread, and indeed it has brought a "zing" back to mograph that has been lost since the days of prsrose. admist all the criticism, i'd like to take counsel from my pixel corps brethren and be absurdly positive in the face of glaring misdemeanor and say that i really appreciate the music in the reel.

Guest scottgfx
that being said, this is a very amazing thread, and indeed it has brought a "zing" back to mograph that has been lost since the days of prsrose.

29831[/snapback]

I'm entertained. :)

Guest 3rdMARTINI

Amazingly enough, even though I had briefly thought that zacid was a fake account, I never thought to finger camino on it.

Still, this continues to be an awesome thread. It's a welcome diversion while I sit here at work over the weekend.

Guest tim_irus

wow this was indeed an awesome thread.

I wish I could forget it and read it all over again.

sacid plz come back to spice things up again :H

ps. why is there nothing of playboy actualy in your reel? i had to watch to whole thing finding out there where no boobs :angry:

Edited by tim_irus

Guest Tread

Guys, I'm being honest here, I think Zacids work is top notch. I mean seriously. Seriously. He's right. He uses real people in his stuff. Not cut out images. There is alot to say for that. I personally will not go where he is, cuz he obviously is the sh!t there, and I wouldn't stand a chance.

I wish I could be as good as Zacid.

Guest fredcamino

hey i drive a huffy mother fucker. you crossed the line there. a fucking beamer. talk about over compensating for a parsimonious penis. my swing stick runs deep - i could make one figure and drive a tricycle and still show a woman more pleasure than nature could ever allow you.

Guest scottgfx
...you are burnt out literally, and your work is childish. My job brings me a six figure salary, i drive a beamer, and this is all from a business i built from the ground up.

29929[/snapback]

Business so fantastic you had to move it to Ohio? Something doesn't add up here.

Come on Zac, tell us who you really are.

Guest caffeineman

ugh.

A reel equals a montage of pieces of your work cut together to music to showcase your talents and to give the client an idea of what you can do. You SHOW your work.

A presentation is where you focus on your own details, your name, your company, and the title of the pieces you did, where you did them, etc. You TALK ABOUT your work.

You talk about your work throughout the "reel" but you never get a feeling that it's being shown. Just mentioned. Like a presentation.

The beginning looks like it's going to be a motion graphics reel. Hell the first thing written about the company is "Motion Graphics" then Broadcast design.

You need to pick/focus on what you want communicated. Concentrate on that, then see where the reel goes. Just because you see it some way, doesn't mean that's going to communicate the same to others.

And your typography is pretty low end. Font choice, Kerning, type size, all showed a lack of understanding of type and how to use it.

But you probably don't want to hear all that. So if you just skipped past it, and just want to hear about those "gears" and their resolution issues......

Yes. They get pixelated.

Plus they are ugly.

Edited by caffeineman

Guest parallax

Wow, you drive a beamer? So what, i drive a flightcase. Wich fool drives a piece of imaging hardware anyway..

You know, i was feeling a wee bit sorry (god knows why!) but you can be sure that's right out the window! Wait, i wasn't feeling sorry, it was more pity really.

You could begin with a clean slate, but you elected the way of pain. Mockery by mograph.net

Guest scottgfx
remember the word: LUGZ

i'd like to host a contest called "zacid's picks" the rules are to make a 5 second clip to show how your use of after effects can beat mine...i feel that my 20 year belt is good enough to laugh in the face of any of you light-weight contenders.

29938[/snapback]

If you actually worked in this business for 20 years, you wouldn't feel the need to prove yourself to the "losers" in this forum. You obviously have other issues you need to deal with on your own. Good day.

Guest Scorch
i don't know what you guys mean by low quality video.... I shoot in DV

29929[/snapback]

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha......Ha...Hmm..