Sign in to follow this  
Guest zacid

working reel

Guest 3rdMARTINI
I perfectly explained that I only hosted on there to keep my client reputation spotless. We all know how valuable a reputation is, but this time it's personal!!  :angry:

Something tells me you never had a very good reputation before you started this thread.

Guest govinda

I know! That's how I felt a few days ago. Welcome to the yo-yo world in which you vacillate with every zacid post between thinking, 'naaah, no way, nobody's that dense, especially not someone who teaches at a design school, and he surely wouldn't keep posting after all this' and 'wow, this guy really is that dense, please god let him keep posting.'

Guest ESC
I wish I wouldn't have clicked on that at work.

30525[/snapback]

LOL!

You and I both!

Guest 3rdMARTINI

Later on we'll find out this has all been some elaborate hoax, and this is really someone from some mograph superpower.

Does anyone know if CCAD is a real school?

Guest KiD A
biiiiiiiiiiipolarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... :o

30582[/snapback]

is that his real name?

and zacid, why are you badmouthing scorch's reel? His reel is incredible.

Guest Sao_Bento
Later on we'll find out this has all been some elaborate hoax, and this is really someone from some mograph superpower.

Does anyone know if CCAD is a real school?

30587[/snapback]

This would have to be much more complicated than the Oswald/Kennedy assassination.

http://www.ccad.edu/

http://www.ccad.edu/about-faculty06.html

>>Zac Welch, media studies adjunct instructor, teaches interactive/time-based design. He has an MFA from Parsons School of Design in design and technology. Mr. Welch’s work includes roles as producer for CompuServe’s CD-ROM magazine, senior designer for Playboy.com, visual effects artist for Spike Lee’s 40 Acres and a Mule Productions and creative director of Ezz-Thetic Media. He has also served as featured designer for the Columbus Cultural Arts Center, The New York Center for New Design, and the indie film collective, Reel Independents. He wrote, directed, and produced an independent film, Blood and Ashes, which was shown in New York City in 2001<<

Edited by Sao_Bento

Guest Sao_Bento
If this is a hoax, i will kill myself.

30602[/snapback]

Let me qualify this by saying that I never saw many of the posts that were deleted.

My guess is that we have a student with a grudge or crush pretending to be Zac Welch - either they hate him and want to act like an ass under his name, or they love him and expected to bathe in the glory of his work and became disillusioned when we didn't feel the same admiration.

All the info on Zac Welch checks out, he is a real person, does teach, does own the ezz-theticmedia.com domain, is a real person and does not have a great sense of design.

The movies that responded specifically to the discussion here were posted on Geocities, so the real identity of the person who posted them cannot be determined. The "I don't want to sully my business domain with this crap" excuse is the obvious tip-off that this is a hoax.

Now I'm off to go watch Ellery Queen on KDOC.

P.S. - PARALLAX - put that knife down!

Edited by Sao_Bento

Guest finegrit

So who will email him through the website to find out.

I can't believe this was all true.

Guest igorschmigor

so there's this thread with a title too boring for me to check it out. And then it keeps growing and growing and growing. Made me curious. Did i miss something? What's all this about? Please don't tell me to read all 8 pages. A quick summary would be nice.

Guest govinda

Here's one for the 'Why did I bother?' category:

The first post, go back to that. It was an innocent question that rightly got the crit from 3M, and the work was posted on ezz-thetic media, which is registered to Zac Welch of NYC (presumably before he moved to Ohio). That was surely Zac Welch himself.

But Sao's theory has some grounds: Firemind told me days ago before I even noticed this thread that there are two users registered under Zacid's IP and their word use and grammar say they're not the same person. The other guy: 'sweatersplash.' The possibilities are that (1) it's a common computer at the College and it just so happens there are two people using it to go onto mograph; (2) Zac stayed logged on from his library or a shared computer and someone got on and posted under his name; (3) (unlikely) zacid and sweatersplash are the same person.

But another twist in the tale is that Zacid also posts under two other IPs that sweatersplash doesn't use. Laptop and home computer presumably. Or other people who know his mg password.

Cue Zacid, or his doppleganger, to come on and gloat. :lol:

Guest igorschmigor

Ah, thanks Govinda. What would we do without you?

Now that gives me an idea... if only i could find out the password to bring headbox back to life....MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Guest finegrit

This has become a bad airport newstand page-turner. I'm ashamed for buying into the plot, but now that I've started I have to know how it ends.

I agree with Sao. I don't think it is one person and someone is impersonating Zac. It is too crazy.

Guest finegrit

The first post, go back to that. It was an innocent question that rightly got the crit from 3M, and the work was posted on ezz-thetic media, which is registered to Zac Welch of NYC (presumably before he moved to Ohio). That was surely Zac Welch himself.

30623[/snapback]

But if the orginal post was Zac himself, why hasn't the real Zac come to clear his name? I think one of his students set up a mograph account as a practical joke. This is the only thread he has ever posted to.

Like I said, it's like a bad mystery novel.