Sign in to follow this  
Guest scottgordon

"Name in lights" effect

Guest scottgordon

Hey all,

Awhile back, there was a thread on making text look like it's made up of a wall of light bulbs...CBS uses the effect in promos...I think the thread was about somebody trying to mimic a sports graphic they had seen...can anyone help me out? I need to do the effect and that thread would help!

And of course, if anyone has anything new to add on the subject that would be great!

Guest Clevz

I also would like to know if anyone has any pointers, but more specifically on how to acheive the lights as text effect using after effects...

Guest Sao_Bento
I also would like to know if anyone has any pointers, but more specifically on how to acheive the lights as text effect using after effects...

29908[/snapback]

There's already been a lot of discussion on this, so you might want to search the board. Basically, the easiest thing to do is use "Ball Action" in AE. If you need binary lights, you might want to use "mosaic" first.

There's a much more complex and dynamic way to do this with Jenna in Cinema 4D - described in the issue of "3D World" that came with Jenna 2.22 for free.