Sign in to follow this  
Guest pepe

Bitting "Slang word for copying others work"

Guest govinda

I hope all the motion graphics designers I'm currently mining don't mind that feeling of my fingers probing around inside their brains. :wink: But if we open the floodgates on a topic like this, where does it end? We went through this on the 'played out' thread, where I had to resist for a week mentioning how tired I am of seeing freeway overpasses (flyovers) everywhere I look.

Not to give any excuses, but do I have to say we should be politic in pointing this stuff out? That we shouldn't get too personal in our responses? The 'That's a ripoff!' impulse is a symptom that typifies eager junior creatives. There has to be some way of pointing it out, because when some rip wins an award it's clarly not fair for all involved, and it makes you wonder if the juries are watching at all. But in pointing it out, let's try not to get too righteously enraged. Pointing it out is enough, even though it's nowhere near as much fun.

I'm not saying anyone has been rude, just trying to stem this before its tone goes where I'm afraid it might go. This is a public board and all, and I reserve the right to play out every psyop/lobo effect I want. Just kidding.

Anyone who wants to see this kind of thing handled well, take a look at this book by Stephen Heller.

Guest SermonOfMockery

i agree with govinda... a lot of people read this board and it's not cool to drag anyone's name through the mud...