Sign in to follow this  
Guest garverine

morphing style

Guest garverine

hi im kinda new guy in this forum, for making topics unfortunatelly...

many ad, or video clips using this kind of techniques, it called morphing...im just wondering to use this techniques, but im afraid dont know where do i start....usually i see many of my friend using 3d software to make that technique, is there any chance i can make it in AE, for instance circle object morph become square object, do i have to use special plug ins, or have to use the conventional way...

Guest Sao_Bento

It depends on your subject matter and what you're trying to achieve.

Something as simple as morphing from a circle to a square can be done in Illustrator and After Effects by creating the shapes you want to morph between in Illustrator and copying and pasting them into the "mask shape" channel of a solid in After Effects. Create a keyframe of a square shape at 00 and paste a circle into the same mask shape channel at 10.00 and you'll have an instantly morphing shape.

If you want to morph between video/film/still photos, you might want to look at the "reshape" plug-in in After Effects (it's in the manual) or possibly look at the RE:FLEX plug-in (http://www.revisionfx.com/rflx.htm)

Morphing in 3D apps usually means morphing between two different models. In my experience this is usually for animating a character's facial expressions.

Guest garverine

big thx....i will try...thats exactly what im looking for, sorry if the example of my answer too simple....thx anyway