Sign in to follow this  
Guest nextseason

Image sequence into Maya

Guest nextseason

How do you import an image sequence into maya?

It is really not working.

I make a Lambert shader.

Load "File" or "Movie" into the Color channel.

Select my IFF sequence (whatever_00000.iff)

check the box for use image sequence.

Apply shader to my polygon plane.

I see the first image, but no sequence.

Then get frustrated because nothing happens.

I know I have to do something with the time=frame; somethingorother expression but every other forum sucks and people are totally vague.

Please help.

Guest superegophobia
How do you import an image sequence into maya?

It is really not working.

I make a Lambert shader.

Load "File" or "Movie" into the Color channel.

Select my IFF sequence (whatever_00000.iff)

check the box for use image sequence.

Apply shader to my polygon plane.

I see the first image, but no sequence.

Then get frustrated because nothing happens.

I know I have to do something with the time=frame; somethingorother expression but every other forum sucks and people are totally vague.

Please help.

37465[/snapback]

maya is a finicky bitch when it comes to stuff like that, you need to have your image sequence named "myFile.001.iff" or it doesn't work. you shouldn't have to change or make any time expression since i think it creates one for you. another helpful hint, if you want a image sequence to start at say frame 100 instead of 0 you have to change one of those frame number settings to a negative number, i.e. -100. it's pretty stupid how maya handles all this but whatever.

Guest nextseason

I can get an image loaded onto the plane I just cannot get it to play back. When I render it's just a solid black plane.

This is messed up.

Guest nextseason

When i load it as a file it seems to work, not when I load it as a movie.

Thanks for the tip man.

Guest ESC

Maya doesn't like file extensions. So you need to strip the extension and have files such as myfile.0001, myfile.0002, etc. You also need to set keys for the image sequence on the Image Number parameter. Other wise you can type in "=frame;"

At least this was the case in version 5.

Guest superegophobia
Maya doesn't like file extensions. So you need to strip the extension and have files such as myfile.0001, myfile.0002, etc. You also need to set keys for the image sequence on the Image Number parameter. Other wise you can type in "=frame;"

At least this was the case in version 5.

37475[/snapback]

i think they changed this in 6 or 6.5 so you dont have to... could be wrong but i dont remember keyframing the image number.

Guest nextseason

yeah you don't have to, seems to be working now just with the method that super mentioned.

maya is a finicky bitch when it comes to stuff like that, you need to have your image sequence named "myFile.001.iff" or it doesn't work. you shouldn't have to change or make any time expression since i think it creates one for you. another helpful hint, if you want a image sequence to start at say frame 100 instead of 0 you have to change one of those frame number settings to a negative number, i.e. -100. it's pretty stupid how maya handles all this but whatever.

Extremely helpful. Thanks.